Got boys? Here’s a wonderful little “cheatsheet” that may make a big difference in your household. The Boys and Manners Cheatsheet (PDF) from The Homemaker’s Mentor is chock full of insights & practical tips that will help you get a handle on teaching boys better manners. Here’s a few:
- Manners are more than just rules & regulations. Manners reveal the attitudes Boys have toward others and situations.
- Boys are off in their own world. It is not natural for them to think of the feelings of others outside this world.
- They will easily forget what they are told, and need reminding.
- Get them to look you in the eyes when talking to them.
- Deep down, boys really do want to please you.
- Boys respond to consistent modeling.
- Boys are full of energy and must be allowed to spend it – but it can be directed where you want it to go (ie. Outside) instead of being spent in improper places (ie. Running in the house, etc.).
Click here to read the entire cheatsheet at The Homemaker’s Mentor, and/or download the PDF version!